News Desk: The Dhaka Metropolitan Police (DMP) has given permission to BNP to hold a mass meeting on December 10 at Suhrawardy Udyan in the capital under 26 conditions. The party can hold a rally from 12 noon to 4:30 pm on that day.
This information was conveyed in a written note signed by DMP Deputy Commissioner of Police (Headquarters and Administration) Abdul Momen on Tuesday (November 29).
However, BNP is adamant to hold a mass meeting in front of the party's central office in Nayapaltan. They also applied to the DMP on November 20 for this.
However, DMP said that gathering in Nayapaltan will cause traffic jam and civil distress. It has allowed assembly in Suhrawardy Udyan instead of that place under 26 conditions.
The conditions are:
1. This permission letter is not a permission to use the space, permission must be obtained from the concerned authority for using the space.
2. The terms and conditions specified in the space usage permit must be duly observed.
3. All gathering activities should be restricted inside Suhrawardy Udyan.
4. Adequate numbers (with visible ID cards) should be employed under own management for security.
5. According to the instructions of the local police administration, high resolution CCTV cameras should be installed inside and outside the gathering place under their own management.
6. Art should be installed at each entry gate under its own management and arrangements should be made for checking of visitors through hand metal detectors at assembly points.
7. All the vehicles coming to the meeting place should be searched through the viewcall scanner under their own management.
8. Fire extinguishing system should be kept at the assembly place under own management.
9. Mic cannot be used outside and around Suhrawardy Udyan.
10. Projectors cannot be installed in Suhrawardy Udyan.
11. No gathering outside the Suhrawardy Udyan, on the streets or footpaths.
12. Mic cannot be used during Azan, Namaz and other religiously sensitive times.
13. No caricature, speech or promotion of any subject likely to hurt religious sentiments shall be allowed.
14. Assembly proceedings must be completed within the time allowed.
15. People can come to assemble two hours before the start of the rally.
16. The movement of vehicles and people shall not be obstructed under any condition including assembly on the road including the vicinity of the assembly place.
17. Flags, banners, festoons-carrying of any kind of stick, rod shall not be used
18. Any activity that is contrary to law and order and disturbs public safety shall not be done
19. No activity or speech against the state shall be allowed.
20. Provocative speech or distribution of leaflets shall not be permitted
21. Can't come to assembly place with procession.
22. Cars must be parked in designated areas, no parking on the main road.
23. The organizing authority will be responsible if the law and order situation deteriorates at the venue.
24. The gathering should be done following proper hygiene rules.
25. Failure to comply with the said conditions shall result in immediate cancellation of this permission order.
26. Authority reserves the right to cancel this permission order without assigning any reason in public interest