News Desk: Due to the change of season, now more or less everyone is suffering from the problem of cold and cough or sore throat. These symptoms of common flu, however, get better within a week. But the problem of sore throat is very painful. In this case it is difficult to swallow food and even speak.
According to the UK's National Health Service, people suffering from sore throats should stay hydrated. In this case, it is better to avoid hot drinks. Instead, sucking on ice cubes, ice lollies gives instant relief from sore throat.
How does ice therapy work?
According to the UK's National Health Service, sucking on ice cubes or ice lollies is soothing and hydrating. According to health experts, ice lolly can be a good treatment for sore throat.
It has a cooling effect on inflamed tissues. Ice pops lower the temperature of nerve endings in the throat, thereby reducing pain signals.
Even after tonsillectomy, doctors advise patients to eat ice cream. Cold ice cream applied to swollen tonsils reduces swelling and pain.
Here are some more effective home remedies for sore throat:
1. Gargling with hot salt water also reduces the inflammation. But don't forget to apply it to children.
2. Turmeric is a powerful antioxidant source. This ingredient has the power to fight serious infections. Drink turmeric milk before sleeping to cure sore throat. It is also called golden elixir.
3. Take hot steam. It helps open the nasal passages. Moist air loosens the sticky mucus stuck in the nasal passages, throat and lungs.
4. Ginger tea is a popular and effective home remedy for sore throat.
5. According to research, ginger can have a strong antimicrobial effect when combined with honey. For this, squeeze the ginger with a spoon and extract the juice.
Add a teaspoon of honey to this juice and mix it and drink it. Drinking it cures sore throat.
Source: Times of India