• Whole Bangla

Shops and residences were burnt in Pabna midnight

  • Whole Bangla
  • 16 August, 2022 21:27:48

Photo: CNI

Tofazzal Hossain Babu, Pabna: Three shops and two residences were gutted by fire at Faridpur in Pabna. The victims claimed that the two businessmen suffered a loss of at least 20 lakh rupees. The fire incident took place at Panch Pungali market of the upazila on Monday midnight. Locals said that the refrigerator inside Alhaj Molla's shop in Panch Pungali Bazar exploded with a loud noise and caught fire at around 1 am. In no time, the electrical wires above the shop caught fire. After that, the intensity of the fire spread to two other shops and two residences nearby. Locals tried to put out the fire but failed. About an hour after receiving the information, the fire brigade personnel reached the spot and brought the fire under control. At that time, everything in the shop and house was burnt. Alhaj Molla, the victim, said that his two shops and two residences and Saiful Islam's medicine shop were burnt down, causing a loss of at least Tk 20 lakh in cash and goods. The damage would have been less had the fire service arrived on time. Qutb Uddin, station officer in charge of Faridpur Fire Service, said that it took time to reach the place as the place was remote and the road was bad. The fire is initially believed to have started from an electrical short circuit.

Comment ( 0)

  • company_logo