At least 19 people have been killed when a four-storey building collapsed in the Nasik Nagar area of Mumbai, the capital of the western Indian state of Maharashtra. Several Indian media outlets, including the Hindustan Times, reported that the building collapsed suddenly around 12 noon on Tuesday. Nasik city police have already recovered the identities of 12 of the dead. They are Kishore Prajapati, Sikander Rajvar, Arvind Rajendra Bharti, Anup Rajvar, Anil Yadav, Shamu Prajapati, Leela Bai, Prahlad Gaygoar, Ramesh Nag Vaidya, Prahlad Gaikwad and Guddu Passpore. Shortly after the building collapsed, firefighters began a rescue operation. Fourteen people have already been rescued and four of them are still being treated at the hospital. The rest were released with first aid, police said. Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray has already announced Rs 5 lakh assistance to the families of all the victims. Firefighters said 20 to 25 people were still trapped in the rubble. Chief Minister's son and state Tourism and Environment Minister Aditya Thackeray has already visited the spot. He told reporters in attendance that the building was at risk and that residents had been instructed several times in writing to evacuate. But even then people were living here. ' "Anyway, at least we didn't go down without explaining ourselves first."